Making A Beat For Rihanna!

- I like the island vibe with the pads and the ethnic percussion
- I like how there is a triangle layered over the kick but it needs to be more "clear" and "hitting" in the mix
- I feel the drums are too weak for it to work with Rihanna (the clap and the kick -- especially) -- turn it up a little more in the mix
- The lead in the hook is nice
- I would add like some guitars/pianos to drive the track

I think it's a cool idea though -- just don't think she would rock on it

Please return the favour:

Miguel - Adorn (Benny Liang Remix) (ALL FEEDBACK RETURNED!)

Thanks!

Like the idea! Its almost there just needs some tweaks in the instrumentation in my opinion! That 808 is niiice though!

Keep at it!

When working with N.I machine you can do a quick drag and drop type export. so i basically create it within maschine and than export it out of machine and add it to my overall project in FL. hopefully that helped answered your question.

I'm definitely feeling the island feel and that smooth lead. I liked the percs and drum pattern, particularly your kick choice as well as the triangle hitting on the downbeats. I could definitely see an artist rockin over this, for sure.

As far as suggestions go, I would just incorporate some elements to make the beat stand out. Right now this beat is hot, but I think others could definitely replicate it with ease. I think it needs some personalized touch, some uniqueness that can set it apart. I think the pieces are there with this beat, though. I'd appreciate some advice if you get a chance: https://www.futureproducers.com/for...k/new-r-b-ish-type-joint-483182/#post49824669

Thanks man appreciate you taking the time out to rock with my vid. As far as the beat goes I'll definitely be adding more of my touch to the final version of it. I let ppl get a taste for YouTube purposes. But you're right on with your comments.

Last edited:
Back