roland fantom s vs korg triton LE

• Thread starter Thread starter danielsonWC
  • Start date Start date
I have a LE, but don't have the fantom... I am assuming the fantom.. but I'd like some other explanations before I validate my assumption..

anyone?

Anything with LE in front of it will always be > something without LE in front of it.

Korg Triton Extreme vs. Fantom would all come down to preference, but Triton LE is basically a GM synth with a few "extras", I could never even find much "extra" on it, lol.

did you mean will always be LESS THAN.. you posted the greater than sign ">"...?

Roland has realistic sounding instuments. The Triton is a more powerful and overall easy to use board- It's like the hand of God.

Personally, I use the Triton in conjunction with a Roland sound module.

The Fantom-S has been discontinued since 2002...... so yeah, I can see it and a Triton LE in the same price range on the used market.

If you're using your computer to get all your samples..... editing, them, and all that, then you can transfer them to your LE, and put them into your music..... without adding the sampling option, that's the only way you'll get samples into an LE.

The Fantom-S has built in sampling..... the skip back sampling, which sounds like a gimmick, but it's really cool. & it's easier to see what you are doing on the Fantom.

The way the triton works with combi's & it's arpeggiator is really cool. IF you get a chance to check out how the arpeggiator & combis work together, you'd think the Rolands implementation is mickey mouse. You've only got one(which I think is the same for the LE), and you can only use it on one instrument patch at a time...... where you can assign your one arpeggiator to one combi, and it will trigger notes on different patches..... since a patch is the equivalent of a Roland instrument, you can get some very interesting stuff.

If choosing between the triton LE abd the fantom s the fantom s is a better workstation with a better feature set.

Back