Washington Dc Is Next To Be In Rap Game!

My sister loves that group "Da Committee".

I remember them bamas tried to claim they were "superstars" to me because I didn't look at them when I asked for a MVP card at my old after school job.

wan-tan-soup14 said:
you guys had sir-mix-alot right? lol.....

nah, we got cha grandmuva...

yea, comittiee is iiiight, jii old doe, they just got flexx to back em ya know... so they gettin paid for shows.. but... i know some nigguz wit more talent.. wait til i track my beats down.. The money is already there to invest.. & we already got directors on deck.. its time i do things my way..

i dont even have to get signed.. i just wanna put out good music & represent or area, how it should be repped.. that comittie boyz video, really represented.. they showed the city forreal!

true

d.c is gettin in the game we got j holiday from d.c and this other group forgot what they called but they got this kind of school beat it's sumthin like who do u love d.c theres no other place i rather be.:)

and dont forget about wale he been doin his thing.. I dont know if yall heard the 100 miles and runnin mixtape, its pretty hot, and anyone who is in the DC area get at me for a collab im in NOVA

shi.... tabi's on PMP now on the track dump......lol
yea we gona have some big shi coming from the area very soon...

i live in the UK. i went to the US for the second time this year and visited DC. that was a really grimy city full of some of the weirdest people ive ever met. people would ask us for drugs all the time, there were old war veterans comitting random acts of violence around the cities monuments and a suprisingly large amount of homeless people. i didnt even feel like i was in the US.

anyway nice songs man, DC on the map for sho.

yup, tabi, wale, j holiday all on the rise, matter fact we got a few r&b singers, genuwine, raheim devaugn, amerie

have ya'll heard of K-Illa from the Illa Noise camp? that dude real nice...multis for days lol...

if dc really uses that whole gogo **** in their rap they might blow up the area. i don't think it will if they're not doing anything different tho.

bobsmitt said:
if dc really uses that whole gogo **** in their rap they might blow up the area. i don't think it will if they're not doing anything different tho.

Yeah I def think that some gogo can catch on in other parts of U.S.

IllViewEnt said:
Yeah I def think that some gogo can catch on in other parts of U.S.

gogo has already blew up in the rap game (early 80's/mid 90's) with this new old school 80's fad, maybee we could bring gogo back. As a DMV native, I wouldn't do it. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love GoGo.. but hip hop & gogo are 2 different genre's ya dig. aint nuffin wrong wit incorporating it into a hip hop beat, like rich harrison, pharrel, wale, etc. but keep it hip hop for now, until we set our mark. not a lot of people understand gogo culture. they are very open minded.. look how long it took texas to get screw recognized.

all in all man, we need to start a movement & stick together.

we got a whole other style people haent hurd of..

what are your suggestions FP?

bobsmitt said:

As a resident of PG County and near-vet in grinding as a Hip-Hop producer here for ages, I have to wholeheartedly disagree with that notion. Go-go has had several chances at mainstream success. The main problem is that these bands can't sustain any amount of success they get outside of this region. So, mixing go-go with hip-hop, to me, is short-sighted, obvious, and limiting. In my experience, there are factors in this region that consistently stifle the motivation and presence of the DC and MD Hip-Hop artist. Notice I didn't include Virginia...for some reason, they managed to attract and secure some segments of the music industry. DC has tried to have Hip-Hop labels for years with most of them making the same mistakes over and over again. For any artist in this region who realistically wanted to establish a legitimate career in Hip-Hop simply LEFT. It was their best decision by far. And they did not scream about reppin' DC at all, and they shouldn't have to because DC does not support its Hip-Hop artists to any tangible extent. The only supporters these artists would have while they're here were white kids in college. Securing a solid, broad fan base in DC as a Hip-Hop artist is next to impossible, and should not even be an afterthought on that artist's agenda.

Back