Casio CZ-101 and hip-hop??

Trenchant

yeah huh...
I found a CZ-101 for a good price, can these things make good sounds for hip-hop. I'm looking for a dusty, analog type sound, sorry, i don't really know how else to describe it. Wouldl anyone here recommend it?

The CZ synths can make some analog-sounding sounds. A few of the oscillator waveforms have resonance, and it does have digital filters. You can't do manual filter sweeps but you can program in some filter sweeps in the envelopes. The envelopes are pretty cool in the CZ. They have 8 stages instead of just ADSR, or you can program them like ADSR too. The best thing about the CZ synths is the ring modulation.

i think they sound really cool. not necessarily 'analog' per se, but they do have an interesting reedy character about them. what's the price?

and, that's why i don't frequent this section. Elitists like you guys who can't help a kid who doesn't know much about synthesis. Sorry i want to hear the sound of something before i spend money on it. Next time, i'll just buy whatever looks cool. Thanks again/

Trenchant said:
and, that's why i don't frequent this section. Elitists like you guys who can't help a kid who doesn't know much about synthesis. Sorry i want to hear the sound of something before i spend money on it. Next time, i'll just buy whatever looks cool. Thanks again/

i like how people throw the word "elitist" around

elitist!

:angel:

I was checking into the casio cz series the other day. Check youtube there are some pretty good demos.

Trenchant said:

we're very sorry next time ask the hip hop section

or perhaps 'legal and marketing'

HAHA!

The funny thing, I just ebayed one for approx $100. Photos show that it is MINT condition, includes all manuals, AC, cartridge and yes! a guitar strap!! w00t!

So yes, forgive me, but it looks like a C-note of fun! hahaha, phase distortion here i come!

It's currently being shipped, should hit my door soon. :monkey:

touche!

I'll connect it with Fruity Loops, synced with an MPC and Reason to create some hip hop flava... :monkey:

15 years late.. but all i can say is that the online music jerks really don't have the creative fortitude to be GOOD musicians. They are creative writers that's all. And they're the guy that i sell the good cosmetic gear to so i can keep my dirty gear for free and make bangers

Back