*HIP HOP* Beat 18- WIP Feed 4 Feed

shockawave123

Something i have been working on. I think i did pretty well on mixing it. Let me know what you think. All feed is returned.

Btw if i get BAD feedback i give BAD feedback. Keep that in mind :)

Last edited:
this reminds me of a DMX song so much haha. WHHHHHAAAAAAATTTTTT?!?!?! BARK, BARK, BARK, WHHHHHHHAAATTTTTTT?!??!?! YOU THINK ITS A ****ING GAMMMMMEEEEE???!?!?!?! actually it was just the begginning not so much the rest but just had to say it haha. The mixing is good but i think you could spice it up a little. Maybe some added instrumentation? Nice job nonetheless. Its not a bad beat.

Last edited:
sounds like a nice blueprint for something but it sounds like this is just a rough draft of something that could be a banger -- I like the composition but it feels really empty overall; try fattering up that snare by layering it over a couple times and throwing a clap or two on top of it and then adjusting the other instruments to match i.e. layer the kick too and bring up the bass to match. could use a nice wide shaker line to really fill out the gaps maybe and really help glue everything together; just kinda sounds like it's still in the drafting stages imo

return the feed:
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...-beat-gritty-old-school-hip-hop-style-389156/

@alxgry Ha!I hear it now! doeskind of seem like DMX.

@Kmano thanks for listening glad you liked it.

@Pgathriller Ya i see what you are saying. I might add a little something. Really you don't like the bass? dang i thought it was bangin

@Loud Dream. Yup i agree. i will bew orking on adding some variation shortly

You've got something real nice going with this one. Like the others have posted, it feels a bit empty and like it needs to build to more instrumentation. What I'm surprised no one else mentioned was the lead synth and how overpowering it is. The big challenge with me and synths is that they cover such a large frequency range, and while they sound great, they typically need to be eq'd to give room for you other instruments to breathe. Before adding any more instrumentation, try eq'ing that synth without taking away it's intended sound.

Keep bangin' - I definitely hear DMX on this track too! lol

Its really a catchy beat, as mentioned before.. a bit empty. What i dont understand tho; "Btw if i get BAD feedback i give BAD feedback. Keep that in mind :)". So you might just give BAD feedback on a sick track just cuz they give bad feedback to you..? okay.

I'd appreciate if you return the feed! https://www.futureproducers.com/for...-new-sampled-beat-hothot-389416/#post49269189
And even only a click on this would help me out alot! Chaîne de pindoprodofficial - YouTube
If you like my music subscribe and il return the favour!

Last edited:
Its really a catchy beat, as mentioned before.. a bit empty. What i dont understand tho; "Btw if i get BAD feedback i give BAD feedback. Keep that in mind :)". So you might just give BAD feedback on a sick track just cuz they give bad feedback to you..? okay.

I'd appreciate if you return the feed! https://www.futureproducers.com/for...-new-sampled-beat-hothot-389416/#post49269189
And even only a click on this would help me out alot! Chaîne de pindoprodofficial - YouTube
If you like my music subscribe and il return the favour!

OH i see what you are saying ha. I think you misinterpreted me. By "Bad feedback" I mean a post that is really short and doesn't give ANY positive OR negative criticism. For example something like "Hey cool track" With such a short post that doesn't give any detail.... how am i supposed to grow as a producer from that? So i would reply in the same manner i would say "Sounds good" if i like it or "Needs some work" if i didn't like it. but don't worry all you guys have been great and very helpful.

@TrackWorx I honestly felt the same way about the lead... i was debating if i should change it or not but i wasn't sure.But i think i wll, especially ifi am ever going to add vocals on it, i'll definitely have to anyway.

So.. we have pretty much established that it is a bit empty.... I'll try to work on that. and after this i might give DMX a call... ha. Thanks all for listening.

I think that the kicks should've been just a little bit louder but thats just me... Overall sick beat

Check mine out?

I think, if I understand the genre correctly, it can be possible to add a super-low synthesizer and a super fast hi-hat to the mix as it progresses. I mean the synthesizers are tight and the only thing I have to say about them is maybe separate the main ones in the center of the mix by 10 degrees to the left and right. But, ya, the next logical progression on the song, to me, would be at least the hi-hat. And that low dirty synth maybe.

I think, if I understand the genre correctly, it can be possible to add a super-low synthesizer and a super fast hi-hat to the mix as it progresses. I mean the synthesizers are tight and the only thing I have to say about them is maybe separate the main ones in the center of the mix by 10 degrees to the left and right. But, ya, the next logical progression on the song, to me, would be at least the hi-hat. And that low dirty synth maybe.

Never thought of that! Thanks!

wow sounds like a dmx style beat man. i really feel this beat man. can def hear this in a nice club or something! keep up the nice music :)!

Back