I wanna leave software sequencers whats my first step?

T

theNeptunes

Right Now Im using Fl studio4,acid4.0,audacity and Nuendo with a Casio wk3000 and i want to leave Programming my drums with Software what should i start with.

What do you use Nuendo for?
What do you use Reason for?
What do you use the Casio For?
What do you use Acid for?

which of these do you use most? How do you normally go about doing what you do? How do you like to work?

For instance. Would you be using Nuendo if FLstudio recorded audio? If not, then you'd want a sampling workstation, like the Fantom,or the Triton.

Do you normally use acid, and put a bunch of loops together??
If so, then the MPC may be the thing you need.

If you'll be giving the tracks to someone else to put vocals on, then don't even worry about vocal tracks.

If you are normally playing the casio into Nuendo, then you may need to get something like the VS2000.

If you use Nuendo just to arrange and mix your work then add vocals, something like the FantomX with the 8 audio tracks, or the Alesis Fusion, or the MV8000.

Last edited:
I dont mind Programming drums with Keys i cAN do pads and keys i just need to get my drum ideas out faster cause with fl my idea changes because i dint get it out fast enough but the tricky thing is i only have $500 i think i can get a Mpc for 500 on ebay if im lucky i better start looking at the Asr-X Xpro and 10

save up a little more and get an mpc 1000 or if you call you local pawn shops you might find a mpc 2000 for that price but with all the abilites and the expansion akai said they will add the mpc 1000 is your best option.

....but with all the abilites and the expansion akai said they will add the mpc 1000 is your best option.

Honestly, I wouldn't buy any gear with reported future upgrades...this may or may not materialize.

If you are looking for something to just sequence your drums....buy the cheapest MPC model you find using the links on this site....

Nuendo and Reason...than add an MPC??? Very nice indeed.

Have you looked at the Nuendo 3 upgrade? I would order it now if it appeals to you before the promotion price goes up $200....

jahrome said:

Honestly, I wouldn't buy any gear with reported future upgrades...this may or may not materialize.

thats true but either wat the mpc 1000 would still be his best option, unless he inds a 2000 at a pawn shop somwhere

MPC 2000s can be copped on eBay for $500 to $850...depending on the condition and reputation of the sellers....

Also, he stated that he uses Nuendo, FL Studio, and what not...
The MPC 2000 has a better MIDI sync protocol than the 1000 for such a set-up.

please don't generalize the mpc 2000 and the mpc 2000 xl ;)

i'd get the 1k over the 2k, but the 2kxl over the 1k anytime

Nothing against the MPC, but also look at the SP606. it can be expanded to 512Mb of memroy, and it can work as a front end to your computer rig vis USB.
You've already mentioned the ASRx etc... but also consider the SP808.

yo im in this guys same position(kinda) im currently makin all my beats in reason, then recordin them in2 pro tools 6.7. i also have a usb keyboard i run with reason & a microkorg that i connect 2 my Mbox. i am lookin at an MPC (or the like!) to get better drum sounds 2 program. basically is an MPC just a sampler & to get kick & snares etc, would i have to buy something else...if so what?!
i am reffering to an MPC 1000 pretty much im not in the money 4 n e thin more expensive & i still plan on using my software

Going to an MPC by itself won't get you better drum sounds.
Have you tried adding effects in Reason/PT? Or tweaking the cut off, tunning? adding compression, then saving your new sounda s a sample?
If you haven't, go over to the Sequencer Forum here on FutureProducers, they have a sticky for free samples over there. Search the net for free soundfonts, or just cut them out of your favorite CD.

jahrome said:

I am curious as to why?

i tried all of them (only for a little while though, i didn't have the time for in-depth tryouts) and from what i saw, and what i experienced using them formed my opinion..

of course that's solely my opinion..

nonetheless i wouldn't trade my mp-7 ;)

i tried all of them (only for a little while though, i didn't have the time for in-depth tryouts) and from what i saw, and what i experienced using them formed my opinion..

of course that's solely my opinion..

nonetheless i wouldn't trade my mp-7

Everyone's opinion is respected..or should be respected. However, you were not specific with your answer. I was repsonding to your statement that you would take the MPC 1000 over the MPC 2000, but take the 2000XL over the 1000. I was just wanted your thoughts on these instruments...

jahrome said:

Everyone's opinion is respected..or should be respected. However, you were not specific with your answer. I was repsonding to your statement that you would take the MPC 1000 over the MPC 2000, but take the 2000XL over the 1000. I was just wanted your thoughts on these instruments...

of course everyone's opinion should be respected ;)

i know that i haven't been specific, simply because i couldn't be completely specific:

i didn't have that much time to really compare them with each other, so i didn't want to say any statements that might be wrong, simply because i couldn't manage to "get it right" or "find something within the menu" in the short time available..

so my statement was based on my feelings when i was playing around and how the machines helped me or cut me back in my brief workflow (here i have to admit that i do like the mpc's and if i wouldn't already own a mp-7 i'd might consider getting one myself, but for being able to really decide for a buy, i'd need to do more research, especially on the 1k, because that one i could only mess around with for approx 10 minutes)

i didn't leave any specific statements, because i don't want to confuse others if i missed something (which i know i definitely did)

Back