"Run This Town"-analysis

skillz

Since rap and mainstream artists are falling to evil spirits and ruining a perfectly great medium.

I thought I'd share something I found on the net regarding Gay-Z's verse on "Run this town."

The motives are clear and he's making his affiliations known. Check it out and comment. Here is the direct link to the blog.

http://vigilantcitizen.com/?p=1948

We are, yeah, I said it, we are
This is Roc Nation, pledge your allegiance
Get y’all fatigues on, all black everything
Black cards, black cars, all black everything
And our girls are blackbirds, riding with they Dillingers
I get more in-depth if you boys really real enough
This is La Familia, I’ll explain later
But for now, let me get back to this paper
I’m a couple bands down and I’m tryna get back
I gave Doug a grip, I lost a flip for five stacks
Yeah, I’m talking five comma six zeroes dot zero ?
Back to running circles ’round niggas, now we squared up

Jay-Z is asking you to “Pledge your allegiance” to the new ruler and to wear black everything to honor him. Jay’s lyrics contain hints to Freemasonry who are hidden in the double meaning of some lines. “I gave Doug a grip” means he gave Doug a stack of money but the double meaning to that line would refer to the Masons’ secret handshakes which are called “grips”. And who is Doug? Might be Doug Morris. The last line of his first verse is “Back to running circles’ round niggas, now we squared up“.

Aside from its obvious meaning, it also refers to the important Masonic concept of “squaring the circle”, which is way too deep to explain here (“I get more in-depth if you boys really real enough“). In the second verse, Jay-Z says ”It’s the return of thee god“, which refers to the Luciferian belief of men being gods. This term is often used in NY slang and originates from the fact that many rappers were Five-Percenters, a philosophy based on the belief that all men are gods.

Further in the song Jay-Z says: “I’m in Maison, ugh, Martin Margiela” which is a upper-end fashion store. English speaking people usually pronounce the french word ”maison” to sound like ”mayzaun”.

Jay-Z however says it to sound like “mason” as in “Freemason”. There is an obvious double-meaning here meant to catch the ear of the listener. He basically says “I’m in Mason” to make people say “huh did he really say that?” as “I’m a Freemason” but he then continues by saying “ugh, Martin Margiela“. The little pause after he says those words accentuate the effect.

Things like this are hard to figure out cause you don't know if it's for real or if he's using the rumors of illuminati ties for publicity. He was well aware of the rumors before that song and he's well aware that people would pick up on the "hidden" message in the verse.

Maison Martin Margiela designs $3,000 hoodies and $1,700 shoes. We can say Versace or Vuitton wrong with no correction, but soon as we say "Maison" like it's spelled(BTW, i'd argue that turns to a "Z" sound in english).

And with all that research we couldn't find the verse he contributed to Rick Ross's last album where he addresses all this?

As for religious aspects, do you guys realize satanists as well as other non-christian faiths beleive the "illuminati's goal" is the convert the entire world to Christianity? Some get the idea they're doing it by "giving satanism a bad name" or "bombing stuff and blaming it on islam". Nomatter what you believe, the illuminati is here to conform you. lol. It's the grown man's monster under the bed.

It's gonna always be opposition to what you feel is your human rights. I'm sure animal rights activists think the gov't have some underlying goal to wipe out species of animals.

Last edited:
I find it hilarious that the "analysis" debunked itself after every claim it made....guess conspiracy theorists can be objective too :)

Jay has been talkng godbody shit for years...Its possible that he belongs to a lodge but I doubt it because I've never ever ever known a mason to all out deny their membership. As a matter of fact if you ever meet a real mason they wont shut up about it after you get them going...I know a couple 32nd degree guys and some younger masons aswell. I've been on an illuminati tip since the 90's with "Behold a Pale Horse" and all that. Aside from audio its probably the thing I've researched the most...I've read alot about mason's in particular and when I ask a higher level guy about something like the "Flying Arch Degree" in the scottish rite, jaws drop. So their is definatly truth to some of the info out there, but this jay z is illuminati shit is taking it a little to far...now if you wanna start a thread about the rothchild family fortune, eugenics and the bill and melinda gates foundation or the ford foundation, we could have some fun with that.

I look at the jay z stuff like this...when he came into the game he was broke and his image was once of wealth, wearing suits in his videos and what not...So he was always imitating the social class above him...now hes a multi millionaire so he's imitating the billionaires...the global elite if you will...thats why you get masonic and other fraternal undertones in his music and roc a wear because he is imitating the elites customs and symbols...it started with platinum and cristal and now its all seeing eyes and "do as thou wilt" hoodies...he knows whats going on cause EVERY east coast hip hop head and artist were schooled to this shit...trust me, he is ****ing with yall

I look at the jay z stuff like this...when he came into the game he was broke and his image was once of wealth, wearing suits in his videos and what not...So he was always imitating the social class above him...now hes a multi millionaire so he's imitating the billionaires...the global elite if you will...thats why you get masonic and other fraternal undertones in his music and roc a wear because he is imitating the elites customs and symbols...it started with platinum and cristal and now its all seeing eyes and "do as thou wilt" hoodies...he knows whats going on cause EVERY east coast hip hop head and artist were schooled to this shit...trust me, he is ****ing with yall

Good point!

Back