MyBeatShop.com - Buy Beats, Sell Beats, Make Music!

T

TopFrequency.com

Beatmakers / Producers / Rappers / Vocalists

What are you waiting for??

Join the hottest new website to buy and sell beats!

http://www.MyBeatShop.com

All new members receive the following services:

* Free Space for 100MB or 10 Beats
* Sell your beats! Make money!
* Free Exposure
* Custom URL ( www.MyBeatShop.com/USERNAME )
* Custom Flash Banner!
* Advanced Profile System
* Create a Blog!
* Show up on the Producer Map
* Participate in Forum Discussions
* & More!

So what are you waiting for?

http://www.MyBeatShop.com

I figured they got commission. I'd rather just use myspace and soundclick or rocbattle. But none the less nice site.

Also other heads out there checking the site make sure u pay attention to the comparison chart they have.

http://www.mybeatshop.com/feature-comparison.html

Last edited by a moderator:
MDCC:
Yes, there is comission to pay for advertising and server costs. There is no monthly fee! And comparing to soundclick/myspace is a big stretch, because you get substantial TARGETED, guaranteed exposure.

BTW: This is Jeffason @ Rocbattle...hopefully I'll see you in the next tournament :D

sounds like one of those sites where most ppl on the site r producers and there are like 2 rappers. it's like selling beats on rocbattle.

sounds like one of those sites where most ppl on the site r producers and there are like 2 rappers. it's like selling beats on rocbattle.

Customers who buy beats are not required to register and therefore don't, so only producers are registered. The site is not the next myspace for rappers. It is strictly for producers to sell beats and for vocalists/MC's to browse and buy. Not sure what you are implying here, but there are several thousand visitors every week, and the weekly average grows!

Also, yes, you must be on top of your game to sell beats. If you did not know by now, that is a fact of the music business, especially with the easy availabilty of music making software and computers, everyone thinks they're the next scott storch. So it is no wonder that people who have sold beats on Rocbattle have sold beats on MyBeatShop, because they are good at this music thing, for whatever reason. If you are wanting a place to sell your own beats with no competition, that is why you should have your own website. But even then, there are millions of websites. The advantage of sites like MyBeatShop is a shared pool of advertising and resources and a large amount of traffic.

By offering free beat space for producers and the only fee is if you sell a beat, and a low commission compared to even other sites that charge monthly fees...if you are a semi-hot producer and want to sell beats on the internet but don't register its really just foolish.

Soon, there will be a monthly fee subscription and no commission for those who wish to go that way as well. It's all about listening to the producers and giving them what they want.

Slowly we've been building a nice little community and everyone is really adult and helpful in the forums. Improvements are constantly being made so that the site is more efficient and user friendly, as well as providing services that producers request.

All the best of luck to everybody!
-Jeffason

But really though, how many people actually buy beats? I'd like to see some proof that there actually a lot of beat sales going on at this website or in fact any other website.

All kinds of sales statistics are to be integrated soon. It's on the list of things to do :D

Make them hits, trust me people are gettin paid

Back a couple of years ago I sold 7 beats from my soundclick VIP website. I also sold a few beats on the street. Although I did make atleast $300 a beat, and one i made 1300, i decided it wasnt worth the money to keep the vip site and i did not have the time to update it anyhow. But in only that two years selling beats on the internet has changed to trash. It's supposed to be a talented musician creating a nice track for a rapper/singer/whatever. Now it's a bunch of wannabe's going out and buying mpc's and other expensive **** with mommy and daddy's money and making simple loops or cheap half ass imitations with the sounds of their favorite rap artist ex. The other day on a website i saw an ad for someone selling 10 beats for $10. WTF? Beats are supposed to be something you spent time on and made from the heart. Not to be cooked up in 10 minutes and sold like crack rocks.It's also sad how these rapper wannabe's get hard ons to a cheap knock off imitation beat because it has the sounds of lil john or dr. dre in it.

I'm not tryin to diss your site though. I like the idea but it just pisses me off when these rapper wannabe's would rather pay $10 for a crap beat than spend a little extra cash and get somethin original. When i make beats it's more of an artform that involves time and talent rather than a production line. A true producer, we are talking about the small amature level, will spend hours on a nice peice and then at the end of a hard day's work sell or license that beat for about $300 or more depending on the quality, and the person buying it and how "big" of a level they are on. But a lot of what i am seeing now are terds that kick out 25 loops in an hour or two and then jump on the internet thinking they just gonna sell them. And depending on how much money they have they will advertise and then of course sell them for like $10 each. And now we have people trying to buy their way into being a "producer". They go out and buy an mpc and some sample cd's and start kickin out cheap imitations of their idols and of course the wannabe rapper hears that sound, not a quality beat, just a cheezy loop with the sound thrown in somewhere and that punk sells it to the dumbass wannabe's for like $5 or $10 each. That eliminates most of the potential customers of true producers because there reall are not that many true rappers out there. And why would anyone pay hundreds for a beat when they can pay $10? That is why selling beats on the internet has really gone to the ****ter. I have sold more beats for more cash to gangbangers on the street that don't even have a computer to go "beat-shopping" with.

Like i said, nothing against you or anything like that, i'm just saying that i don't have much faith in selling beats on the net. I was really excited when i sold my first couple beats within just 2 months of having my webpage up. I sold the first for 300, the second a week later for $500. I thought i was gonna be rich within months. But after i sold my sixth beat things slowed down and more of these punk wannabe's started showing up. I'll check out your site and probably join it if i have enough time and things look good but mainly i stick to the street and real life type encounters. These days on the internet everyone thinks they are a producer. Before we know it there will be no rappers left just producers! Even my mom was thinking about becoming a producer.

What do you do when signing up, if you're not from the US, do you just write the city name in the "state"-field or what?

ibrahim said:
What do you do when signing up, if you're not from the US, do you just write the city name in the "state"-field or what?

Yes

BTW, Over $10k in payments went out to producers this month.

TopFrequency.com said:
Yes

BTW, Over $10k in payments went out to producers this month.
nice one. i see how you quickly edited ur post. hating on people on this site won't get you people signing up.

btw neal i understand why you don't get any sales. (shoutout to jizzer)

GarbageProgram.jpg

Problem is, I don't make $50 beats. The market is getting way oversaturated.

7thangel said:
just wanna know if that '100mbor 10 beats' when signing up is for those new to the site

Oh wow, its actually 5 now. Bigups!

Jokinen said:
Problem is, I don't make $50 beats. The market is getting way oversaturated.

Beats have sold for $500

Also, with one kind of license you can sell it multiple times. You got some hot tracks, I think you could make some sales! Also, have the cash beat battles going now as well.

Check this site for more knowledge on selling beats and making money period on the web. It is very informative for anyone looking to make money. Very good stuff here.

">

I don't understand why 'unknown' producers put up beats for sell to 'unknown' mcee's. I'm an 'unknown' producer who has been producing for about 12 years. I've never sold a single beat. I always gave my beats away for free, but then again i've only worked with cats that I know are ill, and those that are on my record label. I saw this advertisment from an 'unknown' producer from where i live charging cats 500 bills for a beat. I was like "who the f*** is this?" I never heard of this cat, and he is charging people 500 dollars a beat? I just had to laugh at him.

I just hate the fact that If i spent ours on weeks creating a dope beat and I throw it up on a website for everybody and their mother to buy,
1) the probability that a wack ass emcee would buy my beat is very likely
2) the probability of that beat never being used is very likely
3) the probability that I get credit for that beat, if it was ever used is highly unlikely

Now i'm not stupid if someone offers to buy a beat off me and i'm feeling their stuff then i'll sell it, but I just have something against putting my beats up for sell just to anyone. I think I take more pride in my work then to do that. Even though I don't think im the greatest. Matter of fact I think i'm wack and need alot of improvemnt. I'm my own worst critic. So unless someone offers to buy one of my beats, my beats will always be free. Well unless I get to a Kayne West, Just-Blaze status, then my views will probably change, but as long as i'm a 'unknown' indie producer they will be free.

By it being free I have total control of who I give beats to.

These are just my views, and others have theirs. Not trying to diss those that sell beats. I just don't understand why producers who spend alot of time and heart into creating some real dope **** put their beats up for sell to emcee's they've never heard and probably will never hear.

Don't get me wrong there might be some dope emcee's that go to these websites to buy beats, but lets face it majority of the cats that go to these sites are probably 15 your olds who are trying to start their rapping career and don't know where to get beats, so they beg their mom to buy them a few beats online.

Just My thoughts! Good luck to your website homie.

One

-J.E.S the Universual
Paramanu Recordings

Back